Thursday 31 August 2017

BLOGUST | Sunset Inspired Makeup Tutorial


Hello my lovelies and welcome to blogust day thirty, the penultimate day. And today I have finally got a makeup tutorial for you all! Sorry it has taken me so ridiculously long to actually upload a summer-esk makeup tutorial. But have no fear, this look may be sunset inspired but this can easily be a really lovely and warm transitional look into autumn. 


























As you guys can see I decided to go for a nice warm lid with a cool lower lash line and a yellowy golden inner corner. So if you guys wanna know how to get this look then just keep on reading. 



For this look I am using my all time fave palette, Makeup Revolution's, I Heart Makeup Chocolate Vice palette. Honestly every time I've put makeup on for the last two months I have reached for this palette with no hesitation. It's just perfect because it's got all of the golden and bronze shimmers you could wish for with gorgeous matte brown shades ranging from warm to cool shades - perfect for transition shades. Also deep browns for those smokey vibes, as well as gorgeous pink and burgundy shades and super light shimmers for that inner corner highlight. Got everything you need in one and I love it. 

So firstly I'm just taking my favourite neutral brown transition colour in the shade Convert. I'm taking that on my Makeup Revolution E103 brush and buffing that all through the crease and up to my brow. 

For the lid I am taking the shade Maleficence, a gorgeous warm red brown. So I'm taking that all on the lid using the Real Techniques base shadow brush and then blending it up and through the crease with another Real Tehcniques brush, the deluxe crease brush. 





Now I'm taking a nice warm bright orange also from another Makeup Revolution palette, the 144 eyeshadow palette that came out a couple Christmas' ago. So I'm just taking that shade on Wilko's smokey eye brush and once again blending that through the crease. And just to make sure its blending nicely, I'm taking the Real Techniques deluxe crease brush I used earlier with that warm red brown shade and just blending what's left on the brush over the orange to make sure it's nice and smooth and not harsh blocks of colour. 


Popping back into the Chocolate Vice palette now and I'm taking the shade Fancy, a matte burgundy, on the Real Techniques angled shadow brush and just blending that lightly through the crease and up to my eyebrow. I'm doing this lightly over the other colours just to give a hint of a nice burgundy pink but I don't want it to be too intense with that orange. 

And once again I'm taking the Real Techniques deluxe crease brush I used earlier with that warm red brown shade and just blending what's left on the brush over the crease and up to the brow to make sure it's all smooth and blended together. 

Once I'm happy with that blending, I just apply my everyday face makeup. 




(if it's in 'bold' writing it means there's a new edition to my everday routine) 
  • Benefit That Gal Primer 
  • Garnier Skin Active BB Cream Original in Light 
  • Then taking my Collection Lasting Perfection concealer under my eyes drawn in a triangle and taken down my cheeks, along my nose, on my forehead, around the sides of my nose, on my cupids bow, around my lips, and on my chin. Then of course on any blemish areas that I want to cover. Using my beauty blender from Real Techniques for both my base and my concealer. 
  • Then using another holy grail of mine, the Rimmel London Stay Matte powder in Translucent. Powdering all over my face with my Real Techniques duo fibre face brush.
  • Then I am taking my Ben Nye Banana Powder and just baking under my eyes using the Real Techniques setting brush. To really lighten up the area where I put my concealer and then I buff that bake out with my Real Techniques duo fibre face brush. 
  • Then moving onto my eyebrows, I'm taking my classic Maybelline Satin Brow and just filling in my eyebrows in their natural shape with the arch over drawn slightly. Then applying Brow Drama brow gel also in Dark Brown to just set them in place. 
  • Then shaping my face with the Tanya Burr Cosmetics Rosy Flush Cheeks palette. Taking the shade, Beach Bronze as my contour shade. Just taking the contour to sculpt and bronze my cheek bones on a basic angled brush and just lightly sculpting and buffing my cheeks, my temples, and my nose. I've been using this palette every time I put makeup on, I love it! 
  • Also, I took my Makeup Revolution Contour Kit in Ultra Fair C 01 as I've been getting back into using this lately. Taking the contour shade on my Real Techniques contour brush to give me a bit more shadow and sculpt to my cheeks. 
  • Using that Real Techniques setting brush again with Ben Nye's Banana Powder to bake that bronzed shade. So it is still sculpted but is slightly softer for the summer time. 
  • Taking Makeup Revolution's F103 stippling brush to apply my blush from the same contour kit, a pretty flushed rosy pink with a bit of shimmer on the apples of my cheeks in the shade Pretty Peony.
  • Finally taking Real Techniques cheek brush to apply my highlighter, Oyster Shell from the same palette. Placing it on the high points of my cheeks, my forehead, down the bridge and on the tip of my nose, on my cupids bow, and on my chin. 

Now finishing off the eyes. So as it is sunset inspired I wanted to include all of the colours of the sunset. So the proper summer sunsets of red sky with hues of orange and red/pink. But also those sunsets later on in the summer time when you get the deep blue sky with purple and sometimes pink hues. 

So I am taking two of my KIKO Smart eyeshadows for my lower lash line. Firstly taking shade 22 which is a really pretty periwinkle blue with a hint of glitter/ glimmer in but once you've blended it out you can't even see the glitter melded into the shadow. So I'm taking this colour on the Real Techniques base shadow brush (cleaned it, obviously) and just blended that all the way along my lower lash line. Then just taking shade 21, a cool toned light purple again with that hint of glitter/ glimmer. I just took that on the same brush and just blended those together. 

And for my inner corner I'm taking another KIKO Smart eyeshadow in the shade 25, a pearly yellow kind of shade and the shade Habit from the Chocolate Vice palette, a light warm gold shade to imitate the sun as it sets. 





Adding my current mascara, the Maybelline The Colossal Go Extreme in leather black. I just apply two coats on the top and one coat on the bottom to get my lashes to looking like butterflies wings. 


And finally taking my all time favourite lip product of the summer. The NYX soft matte lip cream in Cannes and applying that all over my lips and then I applied another favourite product of mine, Primark's metallic liquid lipstick in Molten Lava over the middle of my lips. And finally doing my favourite trick of the summer; originally I took the pearly yellow shade again from KIKO and added it to the centre of my lips but it didn't show up very well. So I also took a bit of my highlighter from Tanya's contour kit in Oyster Shell to add that gorgeous glow in the centre of my lips and tie it all together. 



























And this is the finished look lovelies. 

I do really like it and I think it is definitely could imitate a sunset because of all of the colours. I really like the contrast of the super warm toned lid and the super cool toned lower lash line. I remember a few years ago I used to do that a lot with bronze eye looks and I feel like I want to get back into it for autumn as I think it looks really flattering and eye catching. 

If you guys re-create this look or something similar to this look then don't forgot to #katielouisejohnson and @ me on Twitter (katielouj0hnson) or Instagram (katiej0hnson). 

And my loves don't forget to follow me on all of my social medias linked above in my header. 

Thank you all so much for reading and I will see you all again tomorrow for the final post of blogust! Oh my god, what? 

And now enjoy a lot of selfies of the look. 






































Love,

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment